Monday, April 16, 2018

How Mentors Can Bless Your Life

One of the most significant relationships that a person can experience is that of a mentor.  A mentor serves a great purpose in the life of the person they are mentoring.  Mentorship helps to prepare the person for various challenges that life will bring.  They serve as a source of guidance, correction, and encouragement.  The mentee have a model in living color to demonstrate how to be successful.  What an honor and a privilege it is to have an individual who is connected to you that can help you navigate through difficult times.  A mentor relationship can last for many years.  I was instructed by my pastor 22 years ago to mentor 5 people and to be mentored by 3.  The idea was that as I was pouring life into mentees, mentors were pouring life into me.  I still serve as a mentor to 1 of the 5 mentees.

I would like to take this time to appreciate my mentors: Bishop Tommie Murphy, Pastor Wayne Johnson, and Pastor Craig Pickett.‬ ‬My life has been revolutionized by their decision to engage in selflessness and to be there for me when the need arose.  I am blessed to have all 3 mentors currently connected to me.  The Bible declares in Proverbs‬ ‭11:14‬ “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.” ‬‬

-Elder Edward M. Blevins

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment